And can I just say very seriously.... right now, my kitchen smells AH-MAY-ZANG!
Would it be a bad idea to start randomly putting stuff in my oven to bake just to get my house to smell this good constantly? Probably, huh? Darn. LOL
It has its challenges (like the Ghiradelli brownies sitting right in front of me...) BUT choosing healthy consistently is starting to feel ok! I still have such a long way to go but even the longest of journeys are completed one step at a time.
Although small, it is a victory none-the-less every time I exercise my teeny weeny will-power muscle. Every time I choose to eat something better or when I choose to just eat less of the "bad stuff" that I cannot live without (enter Ghiradelli brownies once again lol), I gain a bit more confidence. Cheers to all those who choose well, healthier and better, everyday. You are wonderful examples for me!! :)
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup of whole almonds
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of black chia seeds
1/2 pinch ground cardamom
1/2 pinch ground cloves
1/3 cup of honey (raw preferred but careful around children less than 1 out of caution against botulism)
1/3 cup of oil (coconut preferred)
1. preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. mix all dry ingredients together
3. warm wet ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat
4. add wet ingredients to dry ingredients
5. spread evenly onto a baking sheet
6. bake for 15 minutes, then mix and bake for another 5 more minutes or until browned
7. allow to cool and then break into chunks (my kids favorite part!) and store!
Chai Spiced Honey Nut Granola
|how satisfying to hear crunchy granola clinking around a pretty glass mason jar!|