Actually theres one more thing that I happen to love more than the pretty leaves changing color - caramel apples!
I wait each season for those sweet, tart, gooey treats to show up on my local grocers shelves to signal the beginning of fall and then proceed to buy as many as I can carry : j
Those yummy treats were the inspiration behind a quick dessert I made after scanning my fridge eagerly for the last caramel apple only to be disappointed after realizing that I probably ate it already. lol...
Heres a simple, grown-up, minus-the-stick version of the beloved caramel apple.
Caramel Apple Crumble
Fresh granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
salt, a dash
1. combine flour and butter in a bowl until crumbley. then add sugar and mix well. keep aside
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees
3.melt butter in a pan
2. add sugar and allow it to cook down to a gooey caramel
3. add cinnamon and a dash of salt
4. add the slices of apple
5. cook until soft
6. spoon apple filling into individual ramekins
7. top with crumble
8. bake at 375, watching closely until crumble browns well
9. carefully remove, allow to cool a bit and enjoy!
|Quick! - Gimme a spoon!|