Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

May Flowers!


Its been a long, dreary winter.

I dont remember looking forward to Spring so much! To welcome Spring I whipped up a simple but delicious batch of flower sugar cookies with icing. For "leaves" I dyed the dough with a bit of food coloring and used a mini heart shaped cookie cutter. Turn the green hearts upside down and they look like leaves! : j

I found a simple great recipe from all recipes: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/the-best-rolled-sugar-cookies/Detail.aspx


The icing was just as simple! You need two different consistencies of icing 1. piping icing which is a bit thicker and is used to outline the cookies. and 2. flooding icing which is used to fill in the outlines made by the piping icing. 

I love youtube and found a wonderful "how-to" video on icing cookies. 

Here it is: 





cookies and cold, yummy milk! 




13 comments:

  1. Wowowowoo, Jas these look so pretty , you have done an amazing job on these . Have you seen Abeer's at http://www.cakewhiz.com/ work , she has some amazing cookie art there , if you haven't , have a look .

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been such a dreary winter but your cookies are absolutely perfect! I think I'll try them this weekend...we could use a little spring around here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty, I'm envious of your piping and frosting skill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so beautiful. I also love your heart-leaves: great idea! All your photos are so cheerful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what a great cookie decorations, and video was a nice touch..i love it!!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are the cutest cookies ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHH son preciosas ...ideales
    saludos desde EspaƱa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply beautiful. I adore the cheery colors! So nice~

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are sooo pretty!!!! Another beautiful creation! To let you know how much I appreciate your blog, I have an award for you... you can find it here: http://www.manusmenu.com/macarons-with-white-chocolate-and-mint-ganache
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a perfect thing to do as a "pre-game" for a tea party. Lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete