Not only is it 99% organic, everything from the dough to the tandoori chicken (even the yogurt I used) was made from scratch. For the time it took, I have to say that it was completely worth it because it was THE BEST flatbread of life! The ingredients you choose to cook with absolutely make a difference. period.
I realize I wont always have the luxury of time to cook like this, so Im making the most of it now. My husband and my tummy are soooo grateful!
PS. Get your napkins ready for some serious drool factor pictures!
( So when I said organic that meant everything, from the flour and yeast to the chicken to the veggies and the cheese. This was challenging because you have to be much more conscious of what you buy. I almost made it to 100% but, despite my best efforts, I realized too late that my oil was not organic! Also the spices I used were not organic. But its ok, Ill take 99% : j )
I made the pizza/flatbread myself from a super easy recipe I found here. Fresh thyme was also added to the crust which was super yum. Add anything you like to make it your own : j
Or grab ready made pizza dough from the grocery store if you dont have the time. (it does takes a few hours to make because the dough has to proof)
*substitute above ingredients with organic equivalents
This part is super simple and tasty!
|Recipe Source: Jasmol Sardana|
*Substitute ingredients below with organic equivalents
Ingredients and Steps:
tandoori powder (you can find this at any indian grocery store)
ginger/garlic paste to taste
chilli powder to taste
Onion paste – blend a fresh cut up onion in a blender
make a few slits in chicken thighs pieces and add to the marinade and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours
place in oven proof dish for 30-40 min(depending on oven) at 375 for 25 minutes and then at 425 for 5 min...
*For this recipe, since the chicken will go back in the oven, it only needs to cook for 20 minutes*
After the dough and chicken are ready, make the cheese spread
|Delish VT cheese|
Oil to thin to spreadable consistency
1. Whisk the goats cheese and neufchatel (equal parts) together with the pepper and oil until easily spreadable
Grab your fave pizza toppings and slice/chop them. Then set aside for assembly. I used red onion, green onion, fresh tomato, fresh cilantro and fresh mint
Putting it all together
The best part!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Roll out the fresh dough into a large rectangle on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet sprayed with Pam
3. spread the 1/2 of the cheese mixture onto the right half of the rectangle and then sprinkle the shredded cheese over the cheese mixture
4. carefully fold the left half of the dough over the cheese layer on the right side (like closing a book)
5. spread the rest of the cheese mixture on top of the dough and sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese
6. layer veggies over the cheese layer (reserve herbs for the end)
7. After the chicken has cooled, pull apart into chunks and layer on top of the veggies
8. Brush edges with oil
9. Slide Flatbread into the middle rack and bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden
10. Cut into wedges and serve
|sooo worth all the hard work - ridiculously good|