Kheer is much more than just "Indian Rice Pudding". Its is creamy, dreamy, rich, flavorful, exotic and familiar all at the same time.
Using a slow cooker is a wonderful way to turn a few simple ingredients into this decadent. rich dessert just in time for dinner.
Heres what you'll need:
Basmati Rice (1/2 cup)
(3 cups +/- based on your desired consistency)
Sugar (1/2 cup or to taste)
Almonds, Slivered (optional)
Cardamom Powder (to taste)
1. Wash and drain rice
2. Add all of the above ingredients into slow cooker.
3. Set on High and after 30-60 minutes check back to make sure rice is not clumping together. If it is, just give it a quick stir.
4. Continue to set on high and check in intermittently (every hour or so) to check on the consistency. If too thick add more milk, stir and place back on high.
5. After about 4 hours, the rice should be very soft and have absorbed most of the milk and sugar turning the mixture into a thick pudding consistency. Again, feel free to add more milk at this point if desired.
6. Garnish with more almonds and serve.