Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thanks!



First off, "Thank you!"  for supporting this endeavor - www.OurEyesEatFirst.com. This blog was added so there there would be a better platform for updates and new recipes, etc.

I am thrilled and a bit humbled by how much love and support has come this way. This website and blog, has been a medium to share what I love - food and photos - and to also share the opportunity to give. I am sure there is at least one person in your own life who inspires you. For me, it has been my parents and especially my dad's lifelong example of helping and giving to others. Although he is no longer with us, he continues to inspire me to do the same.

I hope that by attracting visitors to this website and blog, that that attention can then be turned towards many deserving charities. At 100 facebook page "likes" Our Eyes Eat First was able to highlight and give to a wonderful charity - Martha's Table

Martha’s Table is a not-for-profit organization which serves our nation’s capitol in several ways. One of which is by providing “meals to the homeless 365 days a year at various sites throughout the city, as well as providing meals to senior shut-ins and community holiday meals”. I have had the opportunity to personally volunteer with Martha’s table and have seen first hand the difference they make.

Enjoy the website/blog/facebook page and then pass the link along to others who also love food!  Not only will they get to see great recipes and nice pictures, they'll also have the opportunity to hear about some worthwhile causes -to eventually give those charities more of the support they deserve.



No comments:

Post a Comment